Dr. Hottie's Reality Checkup

Welcome to my world. Expect very real opinions (laden with sarcastic and off color humor) about the great invention that is reality television. This blog may occasionally stray off topic, but its for the best really.

Friday, March 09, 2007

NICE GUYS FINISH LAST

David and Mary we hardly knew ye.... again. It was quite an exciting week of Racing. And a messy one as every single team fudged up in some way or another. It's All Stars people. You should know better. Shame on you!

Of course some teams fudged up more than others leading to their imminent bad finishes. Let's review, shall we?

ROB & AMBER
Well, they did a good thing by getting on the first flight to Puerto Montt. (Those travel agencies are neat, aren't they?) Then of course they had to go and make a wrong turn when they got there putting them behind three teams. They made up time though getting to La Maquina and the Detour first and what do you know - they came in first in this leg too and won a home gym which they probably don't need. I have to give them props. Romber is entertaining to watch and they're some kind of Racers. Can they be taken down? Find out next week on 'As The Yield Turns'.

UCHENNA & JOYCE
Well I have to say Uchenna and Joyce ran a darn near perfect leg. The only place they screwed up is getting out of the Roadblock in first, but getting to La Maquina third. They caught a little bit of luck when Eric & Danielle couldn't seem to find their way and that was good enough to put them in second place behind Rob & Amber. That's something I'm sure they don't want to be. You know teams look at Romber as a threat, but there's only one team who ever beat them and I think Juchenna should make other teams a little uneasy.

ERIC & DANIELLE
Way to pick up a spot. I thought they were going to get assaulted early on when they mooched off of the directions Joe & Bill were getting from a local. That was just ridiculous because seriously, its a friggin' competition. You can't fault someone for doing that. Excellent job to Eric for getting his flight to Puerto Montt switched to the earlier flight. This is the stuff you have to do to win. Danielle is going to kill me, but I thought Eric was hilarious at the Roadblock. Personally, if I was doing something that I was scared to do, that would lighten the mood for me. They worked with Romber to get to La Maquina and then got lost finding the riverbank. Might I say they ran a near perfect leg to but the lack of perfection cost them a second place finish.

DUSTIN & KANDICE
Let me just first say they were REALLY lucky. Had the teams behind them not screwed up royally they might not still be there. After how many seasons of the Race and actually having been on it once yourself, how can you think there isn't a Detour? The first time around I praised them for being great Racers, but that was just bad. Luckily all they had to do was go back and grab the clue and didn't have to do the Detour all over again. I guess that goes to show you how far behind all the other teams were. I do hope this was a wake up call for them and they shape up next week.

OSWALD & DANNY
I really like them more and more each week. This week happened to be a bad week for them. They had some bad luck when they sent Uchenna & Joyce off to buy them tickets and didn't write down their authorization code. I would always buy the tickets myself. Always. They had a bit of difficulty at the Roadblock, but other than that they didn't run a horrible leg. I know they're better than that and I am sure will elevate their game next week. At some point the teams will probably be even again as always and they'll get back in it.

TERI & IAN
Well, they tried to get on the earlier flight. That altercation with Charla & Mirna was hilarious. Ian was remembering the good times with Flo I am sure. At the Roadblock Teri had trouble with the fish. I don't blame her. They kinda looked like stingrays. RIP Steve Irwin. Teri really had a close call in the river when she flipped off of the raft. I was scared for a second there but Teri is one tough lady. No real major mishaps after that, but they did wind up in sixth place.

JOE & BILL
They thought they were SO smart. Of course, they forgot one thing. Petrohue. They didn't write down the whole clue and it got them severely lost. So lost that if Charla & Mirna hadn't come along they might still be looking for La Maquina. It was just bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home