Dr. Hottie's Reality Checkup

Welcome to my world. Expect very real opinions (laden with sarcastic and off color humor) about the great invention that is reality television. This blog may occasionally stray off topic, but its for the best really.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Getting Hotter

I'll admit. Just like everyone else I have been kind of disappointed with Idol this season. The few that are good are really good, but the other are just.. meh. I didn't necessarily agree with Brandon leaving last week because he has the potential to grow. Some of the other Idols do not. I'm sure you can guess who I'm talking about.

Blake was awesome as usual. I am not a fan of the original version of the song he sang this week, but I liked the spin he put on it. As the judges said, it was better than what he did for Diana Ross week. He is in it to win it and I think he will definitely be the last guy standing.

Thank God for YouTube because my VCR cut out Sligh's performance and I was so thankful I got to see it. I mean, it wasn't like 'jump up and down' great, but it's Chris so I enjoy him basically every week. I'm still waiting to see a 'touchdown' from him as Paula likes to call it. I have faith he can do that.

I really dug Richardson this week. A lot less nasally. It was pretty bad that the British dude couldn't really find a good thing to say about him other than the way he looked. He was having a Paula moment there. I just don't get how people can bash Chris because he sounds SO much like Timberlake and that guy is selling out arenas. He deserves to stay at this point.

I have some tremendous problems with Phil Stacey. When he sings - every week is is so self-indulgent. And not to be mean but I think he would go over a lot better if he say... looked like Chris Daughtry. It's shallow but looks play a big part when you're in the public eye. Phil has an amazing voice. He really does. He just needs to get a little more humble I think.

I can't fault Sanjaya. He did exactly what I said he needed to do. He went out there and just threw it down. I actually think that was my favorite performance of his. It was freakin' watchable. Personally though it was more of a performance for me though than a vocal. The biggest point though is that performance alone may keep him on the show for weeks. The 11 and 12 year olds will see to it.

Melinda was Melinda. 'Nuff said about that.

Jordin tore the roof off. She just officially made her case to make it into the finals.

Lakisha wasn't as good as we've seen her. She still has a big ol' voice, but I wasn't digging it.

Stephanie tried to be Beyonce again. It didn't work as well this time, but she won't be leaving us just yet.

Gina rocked it out. 'Paint It Black' is more of a performance song than a song to show off your vocals, but it suited her perfectly.

Haley, who usually reminds me of a beauty pageant queen reminded me of a beauty pageant queen after having too many drinks. I like that she hussied it up a little bit so as not to be boring, but her voice is still not the best voice in the competition and unfortunately she won't be around much longer.

BY the way, if you didn't notice Nigel Lythgoe was in the house. I'm sure he made certain people recognized him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home