Dr. Hottie's Reality Checkup

Welcome to my world. Expect very real opinions (laden with sarcastic and off color humor) about the great invention that is reality television. This blog may occasionally stray off topic, but its for the best really.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Crikey! Frats Rule!

I can't tell you how delighted I was to learn that this leg of the Race would take place in Australia. I have never been to Australia, nor have I ever been out of the country, but if I could pick any one country to go to outside of the United States - it would be there. Beaches... hot accents... Keith Urban... I mean, what else could you possibly need?

The Philanator!! And who bolted over to Phil and stepped onto the mat in first place?

TEAM SPEEDO
Who's the biotch now? I knew with every ounce of my being that you guys were going to bounce back and finish strong this leg. Catching that first ferry helped you immensely and now you have enough vacations to hold ya over for a couple years. And how sweet was it that y'all beat MoJo in a foot race? Guess we know who will win that battle if it ever comes down to that again. I must admit I was a little worried when Jeremy couldn't find the tunnels. It cost you time, but good thinking Jer telling Joseph to go the canoe route after you didn't see any clues in there. He ended up finding one, but it was still smart.

TEAM MEAN MACHINE
I can't figure out where things suddenly went sour with Joseph and Monica. Ever since that fish incident it's been nothing but negative vibes. I guess when you're that close to money it can make your heart a few sizes too small. Honestly, I have no problem with misleading teams or things like that to further yourself. I was a huge fan of the Boston Rob strategy. However, to openly hate on another team when it appears that they're nothing but nice to everyone is something I can't understand. Maybe there's something behind the scenes that I don't know about. And Joseph really needs to work on his deception skills. If you're going to lie to another team - don't make it THAT obvious because then you just look like an asshole. AND I'm not even going to start on Monica and "I'm scared of him!" I hate to see her with the alligators next week. And what was that comment about the Hippies being followers or something? Apparently blondie must have been looking in a mirror when she said that.

TEAM REBOUND
Kudos to BJ and Tyler. I knew they would have no problem getting enough money to get them back in the game. They're one of the most likeable teams EVER. The hippies are a force to be reckoned with and now that they're not at a disadvantage everyone else had better watch out. Locals are very likely to help them, they're well traveled and smart, plus they're not afraid to do anything. The likeability is probably the most dangerous element. Hell - they got two other teams to give them money at a time when the Race is in dog eat dog mode. And they did deserve the IOU from the Frats in return for the 'sign up sheet' incident. Can't wait to see if there is in fact a Yield next week and who will get yielded. Something tells me it will be MoJo or the Hippies. I'm hoping the former. It would be well deserved.

TEAM BEHIND
I don't call them that just because they have nice ones. They just always seem to be in the game, but behind the pack. Good just hustling this leg though and I was glad to see a lack of arguments. Of course, because there is generally no drama with Ray and Yolanda, they're kind of boring on TV which is why I don't want them to win. No offense guys. They're both in amazing shape and you'd think they'd excel at this since it requires so much endurance, but it's the travel aspect that kills them. Maybe if they stay on one continent for long enough they'll make up some ground but otherwise, they'll be the next casualty. Doesn't it seem to anyone like they don't want this as much as other teams? I don't know. That's just how they come off.

TEAM NOTEBOOK
You'd have to see the movie The Notebook to know what that was reference to. I knew it was only a matter of time before the teams dwindled down so far that 4th or 5th place wasn't going to cut it for Fran and Barry. Hey - at least they got to taste victory on the last leg which is something no other team has gotten to do with the Hippies and the Frats around so props to them. They had the lead and a couple of physical tasks did them in. They have got to be proud of themselves for getting to that point although I'm sure they really wanted to stay in the game. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Next week is going to be fun. The Battle Royale. MoJo vs. Hippies. Scheduled for one fall. Only one team will win. And that team will be... Eric and Jeremy. He who lets himself be distracted gets snowed by the REAL competition.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo !!!..bravissimo !!! as always. Ready for this week? Looks like a volatile yield, and all sorts of hi-jinks and drama. No doubt you will do another excellent job with so much to work with..KUDOS CJ..

pee ess: next week's "Insect Delight" for the FF sounds jummy..

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home