Dr. Hottie's Reality Checkup

Welcome to my world. Expect very real opinions (laden with sarcastic and off color humor) about the great invention that is reality television. This blog may occasionally stray off topic, but its for the best really.

Friday, June 30, 2006

The Curse Of Dmitry

You know that guy who seems to have a new girlfriend every week? You don't want to be his next girlfriend. Well actually if its Dmitry I do. His hotness is enough to make getting booted in a week worth it.

So the bottom three couples were Ashlee & Ben, Dmitry & Aleks and (shock!) JessiJaymz. I must admit I was mostly surprised at that, but not completely. The only other couples that could have possibly took their place would have been Musalie or Travis & Martha and since those couples gave very good performances the first two weeks they have hefty fan bases. Ahh the problems with letting the public decide these things. Not that I always agree when the judges decide either. Tonight, however, I did.

First up were the ladies. Ashlee did her pop locking thing which was great. I like her a lot, but I worry about the one trick pony problem with her too. Nigel mentioned this. I'd like to see her do a samba or cha cha or something. If she can do that, she's legit. Jessica's solo was good too. Not great, but good. I didn't feel she would get cut though because I've seen her potential. Lastly, there was Aleks who was doomed since last week. Her solo was much improved from last week, but she hasn't shown me anything to make me believe she's versatile enough to go the distance. Therefore, I was not surprised at all to see her cut.

Then it was time to find out who Dmitry's next partner would be. Yes, I was even thinking that before I saw anyone dance. Ben performed his solo first, er made up something on the spot. There were a lot of spins, etc. Other than that..eh. He's toast. Then Jaymz decided to give Ben a run for his money. Damn. They both really wanted to get booted. But not Dmitry. NOT Dmitry. I swear I am going to steal that boy and make him one of the professionals on Dancing With The Stars so that I can see him in the fall too. He can flat out DANCE. I have a feeling unless he winds up with Allison or Heidi his partners are going to pass by like a revolving door. That's what I'd like to see them do that they do on 'Stars'. Instead of having them all dance a hip hop routine at the beginning, they should pair the contestants by dance specialty and showcase the different styles. Dmitry/Allison and Benji/Heidi would KILL. So, anyways, (got off track) Ben's gone. Not surprised. Liked him - but no shock there.

Next week Ashlee fears for her life as she dances with Dmitry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home