Dr. Hottie's Reality Checkup

Welcome to my world. Expect very real opinions (laden with sarcastic and off color humor) about the great invention that is reality television. This blog may occasionally stray off topic, but its for the best really.

Friday, July 28, 2006

A Family Affair

You just had to know that one of these days Benji and Heidi were going to be partnered up and they would KILL. One could argue that they had an unfair advantage having danced together many, many times before. On the mambo however I would have thought it to be a disadvantage because who really outside of West Virginia (sorry it was too easy) can look at their cousin with passion and lust? It was a little creepy, but their amazing dancing took away from the creepiness. Tons of energy, tons of action, tricks left and right. I think Benji is going to win this thing. It will be hard to stop him.

Travis and Donyelle made an interesting pairing. The hip hop was not my favorite but it had more to do with the masks than the dancers. And for goodness sakes Shane Sparks stop with the whole 'Walk Like An Egyptian' hand motion thing. It was cool the first couple of times but it doesn't have to be worked into every routine you choreograph. I actually rather enjoyed the quickstep. It's a hard dance to like because its not hot like a samba or romantic like a waltz. I didn't think they did a bad job at all though. Travis is growing on me again after his and Heidi's contemporary.

Well look at that. Allison and Ivan got to be partners again. Nigel has such a hard on for him. I don't know why. He's a cute kid. He's good at what he does but he's not f'ing better than Dmitry!!! Sorry. Got carried away. Oh and that's right - they also got the Argentine Tango which they did so well the last time. And hip hop which they did pretty well last time and which is also Ivan's specialty. I really did love the hip hop routine. It was very cute and I liked the props. As for the tango... I liked it better the first time but I think it had more to do with the music and the choreography. Ivan was impressive. I must admit.

Last and least Ryan and Natalie. You know, for how badly Ryan wanted to have Natalie as his partner this didn't work out very well at all. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't great. I disliked the contemporary. No chemistry. Disliked the choreography. It was just bad all around. And normally I love Tyce's work. The disco was better, but nothing that would make me rush to the phone and vote.

Of course, now I know the results. Ryan is gone and frankly I would have been shocked if it had been anyone else. He was the clear choice. Allison however was not. I don't think it should have been her. Natalie was the worst this week although she's certainly been amazing in the past. It would have been tough no matter who went. The girls were all very good and it was pretty much just an eenie meenie minie mo thing. Of course, I think Benji had something to do with it. Think about it. Heidi is his cousin. Donyelle was his partner through most of this. And Natalie partnered with him last week. He has no connection to Allison. Therefore she had to go.

All about Benji people.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home