Dr. Hottie's Reality Checkup

Welcome to my world. Expect very real opinions (laden with sarcastic and off color humor) about the great invention that is reality television. This blog may occasionally stray off topic, but its for the best really.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Mighty Keep Falling...

So the latest casualty of Hurricane Kat is Elliott Yamin. Kat has picked up some steam as of late and just keeps knocking the strong ones out left and right. Not that I was overly surprised to hear of El's demise. He has the voice of an angel, but the stage presence of an oak tree. I didn't mind, but apparently a lot of other people did.

I always liked to compare Elliott to Clay Aiken as many have. The thing that Clay has, however, that Elliott does not is confidence on stage. If El even had an ounce of that - Kat would be the one gone now.

I am now rooting for Taylor to win and I believe that he will. Why? There has never been anyone like Taylor. You can't compare him to any previous Idol contestant. Jon Peter Lewis is the closest one for me, but JPL was the minor league version of Taylor.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Katharine is talented and beautiful and all of those things. She is just very disconnected when she sings and when she oversings she sounds like Kellie Pickler on a good day. Not a compliment.

Tuesday should be an interesting one.

1 Comments:

Blogger J.D. said...

Plus she's arrogant as all get out. At this point it doesn't really matter anyway, since both of them get a recording contract. The only difference will be the crown, which will determine who gets to release their single first. I hate it for Elliott, but honestly, I'm not happy with anybody but Ayla winning it.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home