Dr. Hottie's Reality Checkup

Welcome to my world. Expect very real opinions (laden with sarcastic and off color humor) about the great invention that is reality television. This blog may occasionally stray off topic, but its for the best really.

Monday, May 15, 2006

No More Monkeying Around

It sure it getting down to the wire. Finale coming up real quick here. No more eliminations. No more Pit Stops. All or nothing. And who will be the three teams racing to the finish line? Why the three teams I picked all along. I was iffy on Ray and Yolanda for a while but due to logical deduction and editing, I figured they'd be here.

Let's see how everyone stacked up this week.

TEAM CRICKET
You seriously have got to hand it to BJ and Tyler. I don't think I've ever seen a team finish last in TWO non-elimination legs and live to tell the tale. And I must say that THIS Fast Forward has got to be the worst one I've possibly ever seen. It wasn't necessarily the fact that they had to eat bugs. It was how much they had to eat. I honestly think if it weren't for the fact that it was SUCH a big azz bowl Ray and Yolanda would have done it. So hats off to the hippies for doing something that would have had me running back to the Roadblock right away. I like their chances in the finale. They'll probably be neck and neck with the frats. Good stuff.

TEAM SPANK THE MONKEY
Why don't they let you guys compete in every Race? Seriously. There's high entertainment value there. I'm glad Eric has realized that Monica is about as much fun as eating crickets so the flirtation died down. It's a good trick though if you're just playing head games. This week y'all had monkeys to play with. I mean, not that I blame the monkeys for being all over you. I would be too. Of course I have a lot less hair and I smell nice so that's a different situation. I had an encounter with monkeys once. They tried to tear off the side mirror on my car. I was not pleased. You guys ran a good leg. Now run an even better one this time because this one really counts.

TEAM SLOW AND STEADY
Yeah so Ray and Yolanda lost their lead a little bit. It wasn't too bad since the Roadblock was only 2 miles away form the Fast Forward so they might as well have tried to go for it. I know the Philanator is excited that Yoyo is still around. I can't blame him. She's a fit and attractive woman. But that also means Ray is still around and he's eye candy himself. I still don't think this team is as hungry to win as the hippies or the frats but I commend them for getting this far and for finally getting rid of MoJo.

TEAM BROKEBACK THAILAND
I really can't figure MoJo out sometimes. They don't trust that their cab driver knows where he's going. Then immediately after they are so quick to trust that the people at the bus station know what time the first bus leaves. They just really don't question that or check it out. Given that they had some time to do so - I would have. They get through the monkey thing alright and then they get to the Detour. First of all, if you choose one Detour task and you see the other two teams are doing that too - you might as well stick with it unless you know its something you can't do. What's worse is MoJo probably wouldn't have come in last if Monica had been able to keep at least 7 more pots on her board on that second trip. I mean, she had a ton of pots the first time and had no problem with that. Yes Monica, Joseph really was your rock. And now you are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Well, it has been a very entertaining race. I'm looking forward to the finale and for the first time I think I'll be happy with any of the teams winning although I am largely biased towards Eric and Jeremy. At least they made the finals and that's what I wanted so I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best. Viva la frat boys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home